BOOSTING SELF-ESTEEM

 Gloria was raised by a parent who constantly taunted her she was fat and unattractive as far back as she could remember when she was 5 years old. She was constantly called names, it was worst at school as kids bullied her daily, she began loathing herself for been fat and ugly.

Some of can relate to this kinds of childhood memories.

Gloria grew up feeling she was ugly, not enough, ashamed of her body, constantly ate for comfort, kept to herself always, became suicidal, cut herself most times, felt something was wrong with her, saw herself as a mistake.

Gloria is classical example of a young lady with Self-Esteem issue. More often than not self esteem issue can always be traced to our childhood upbringing.

WHAT IS SELF-ESTEEM - Is basically how we perceive and value ourselves. Typically based on our opinion, beliefs and exposure.

Self -Esteem issues is always tied to :

How you  see yourself and what you say to yourself, these two go hand in hand.

There re three types of Self-Esteem:

1- Unhealthy Self-Esteem - Which entails expressing a superior feeling over others,exhibit traits of pride,ego, entitlement mentality,looking down on others,wanting to be constantly seen and heard.

2-Low Self-Esteem - Is having a feeling of being inferior to others,having difficulty accepting compliment,value the opinion of others above theirs,focused on their weaknesses,lacks the capacity to say no,afraid to speak up, believes everyone around them is better.

Healthy Self-Esteem -Entails having a balanced and accurate self view. They re able to acknowledge they have strengths and weaknesses and it's fine.They can accept and love themselves just the way they are,most importantly teach and show others how they should be treated rightly.

Back to Gloria's gist it was at a youth church convention she opened up about her hatred for herself and God who made her ugly.

Everyone grasped !

You know why ,when the pastor called her up in front and hugged her,he asked everyone if Gloria was sincerely that ugly, the church went into uproar because she was actually beautiful with ebony skin,a curvaceous body to die for,she wasn't even obese,on the contrary she had a hot banging body and she couldn't see it.

Her hatred for herself was not borne out of fact but what she constantly heard from a few persons and her parents. She had believed a lie for too long that she accepted it as the truth 

She also constantly drew the wrong picture of herself in her mind. Her mind was so cluttered that she couldn't see the truth about herself.

So the words you say and the picture you paint in your mind defines you presently.

One of the most powerful tool to achieving a healthy Self-Esteem is : The Power Of Affirmation.

Here re 40 powerful Affirmations to boost your self -esteem.

1- I value myself.

2-I believe in my abilities.

3-I am in complete control of my emotions.

4- I can express my truest self easily.

5-My mood doesn't depend on people's opinion.

6-Everyday I become a better version of myself.

7-I let go of my insecurities.

8-I accept compliment from others.

9-I am at peace with myself.

10-I appreciate who I am.

11-My future is bright.

12-I deserve to relax .

13- I embrace my body.

14-I enjoy the present moment.

15-I am enough.

16-I am lovable .

17-I am capable.

18-I love myself just the way I am.

19-I am strong and act with confidence.

20-I am letting go of my doubt and fear.

21-I am special and unique.

22- I am courageous.

23-I am worthy of my own love.

24-I am proud of myself.

25-I am in full control of my life 

26-My feelings and needs are important.

27-I am becoming healthier each date.

28-I am doing the best that I can.

29-I am becoming the best version of myself.

30-I have respect and utmost regard for me.

31-I am learning to ask for what I need.

32-I am loving and kind to myself .

33-I honour me.

34- I got it.

35-I can cope.

36- I can handle it.

37-I forgive me.

38- I am lovable.

39-I can overcome any challenge.

40-I am full of light.

I hope this affirmation excercise helps you boost your self esteem. 

πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯πŸŸ₯

I have decided to to help you discover and leave the authentic life you have always wanted to giving you this 🎁Training course on Self Transformation for free. Click on the link to access the course.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GP1A-gcLglRLTIIhsfW6oJ7J1N5ivALR/view?usp=sharing

I love to hear from you, your comment is welcomed in the comment section.

🟫🟫🟫🟫🟫🟫🟫🟫🟫🟫🟫🟫🟫🟫🟫🟫🟫

Nkechi Macaulay is a personal transformation coach and a broadcast Journalist living in Lagos Nigeria.

You can reach me on macaulaynkechi@gmail.com


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SETTING UP BOUNDARIES

UNLOCK YOUR POSTIVE AURA

EMBRACING DETACHMENT